- Scale: 34“
- Strings: 4
- Body: 2-piece maple
- Top: thermally modified alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple
- Construction: bolt-on neck
- Fretboard: maple
- Frets: 20
- Nut: bone
- Trussrod: dual-action
- Pickups: Harry Häussel MM-Style
- Electronics: passive volume, tone
- Control plate: alder magnetic covered with tweed Tuners: Sperzel locking
- Bridge: Gotoh
- Hardware finish: chrome
- Body finish: shellac semi gloss iron oxide yellow Neck finish: shellac semi gloss
- Weight: 2,75 kg
- including case, strap and certificate of authenticity
Ulrich BassDesign are handcrafting their instruments in a small workshop in Germany. Combining modern Design with traditional methods that have been used for centuries.
Their new Retro 57 Series is based on the instruments, cars and lifestyle of the 1950s.
As usual in the traditional luthiery everything is glued with hide glue and finished with shellac, which has a positive influence on the vibration properties. The slotted headstock is inspired by classical guitar making, also ensures a great sound experience and a tighter feeling.
Only high end parts and materials are selected for this instrument. A special feature is the magnetic electronic control plate, which is covered with herringbone tweed and allows easy access to the inside of the bass.