- Scale: 34“
- Strings: 4
- Body: bottom: 2-piece alpine spruce
- top: 2-piece mahogany with maple toneblock
- Neck: maple
- Construction: bolt-on neck
- Fretboard: maple
- Frets: 20
- Nut: bone
- Trussrod: dual-action
- Pickups: Harry Häussel P old style
- Electronics: passive volume, tone
- Control plate: maple magnetic covered with tweed
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Bridge: Gotoh
- Hardware finish: aged chrome
- Body finish: aged shellac dark blue
- Neck finish: shellac semi gloss
- Weight: 3,0 kg
- including case, strap and certificate of authenticity
Ulrich BassDesign are handcrafting their instruments in a small workshop in Germany. Combining modern Design with traditional methods that have been used for centuries.
Their new Retro 57 Series is based on the instruments, cars and lifestyle of the 1950s.
As usual in the traditional luthiery everything is glued with hide glue and finished with shellac, which has a positive influence on the vibration properties. The slotted headstock is inspired by classical guitar making, also ensures a great sound experience and a tighter feeling. Only high end parts and materials are selected for this instrument. A special feature is the magnetic electronic control plate, which is covered with herringbone tweed and allows easy access to the inside of the bass.
This master crafted bass guitar resonates very well because of its super light spruce-mahogany sandwich body with a maple tone block. That leads to a huge dynamic range and a super fast attack. If you're searching for a extravagant modern P bass with a warm sound that is reminescent of the 51s basses, this is the right decision for you!